- Liz Soltan
January and February Issue of Tidings!
FOOD MINISTRY CONTINUES
Our neighbors need us, so we continue to support Caring for Friends and Feast of Justice.
Next Dates for our Food Ministry: THURSDAY, JANUARY 21, AND THURSDAY, FEBRUARY18, FROM 11 AM TO 1 PM. Please bring your meal donations – a protein, starch, and vegetable—to the Fillmore Street entrance. Volunteers will package your contributions into the special tins Caring for Friends provides.
You can also bring your donations of canned goods, diapers, and hygiene products for Feast of Justice on those Thursdays.
Another option is to bring your Feast of Justice donations when the church office is ordinarily open-- Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 8 am to 12 noon. Call first to let our church secretary, Katie McAlorum, know you are coming.
THANKS FOR YOUR GENEROSITY
From May to November, the people of St. Tim’s have donated:
- Over 1,770 meals and 66 soups to Caring for Friends
- 7 car (or van) loads of canned goods, diapers, and personal hygiene products to Feast of Justice
- 1 SUV full of hats, pajamas, games, and toys for the children of GEMMA Services
- Dozens of prayer shawls to Fox Chase Cancer Center
APART. BUT STILL TOGETHER
Though apart, we can still be together in spirit. Below are a few suggestions:
- Call, send a card, or write a note to encourage a fellow church member.
- Include your fellow members and Pastor Wolfe in your daily prayers.
- Try an online Sunday service. (Check out YouTube for Redemption Lutheran’s service, or Facebook for St. David’s.)
- Read the scripture readings for Sunday services (see “Lectionary Readings”).
- Join the St. Timothy Prayer Team (see “Prayer Ministry” below).
- Knit or crochet a prayer shawl. Call Anna Molnar at 215-782-8562, or Barbara Huber at 215-379-3648 for advice on getting started.
- Craft an item for our (tentatively planned) Spring Fling or set aside some gently-used treasures.
- Make meals or soups for Caring for Friends. Call Liz Soltan—215-828-1619--for more info.
The Prayer Team is ready to lift you or your concern in prayer. No concern is too small or insignificant. If you need prayer, talk with one of our team members: Barbara Huber, Tina Snyder, Marcia Richter, Isabel Hyczko, Carolyn Denzel, Rich Soltan, Vanessa Fineberg, Verna Clohecy, and Pastor Deborah Wolfe.
Email Pastor Wolfe at email@example.com, or Verna Clohecy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please help us to provide good pastoral care. Call Pastor Deborah Wolfe (at 610-506-6097) if:
- You are in need of prayer
- You are ill or hospitalized
- A baby is born into your family
- You are planning to marry
- You want to receive the sacraments of Baptism or Holy Communion
- You are moving
- Your phone number or email address has changed
Please be sure your next of kin has the pastor’s phone number in case of emergency. Business cards are available with phone numbers listed that you can put with your insurance cards so you and your family have easy access to them. Ask Pastor Wolfe if you would like one.
MAKE SOMEONE’S (VALENTINE’S) DAY:
Remember them with a call or card
Sirach 24:1-12 (alternate)
Wisdom of Solomon 10:15-21 (alternate)